A beautiful Denver resident, Carol Hebert, was murdered in 2001. Police immediately arrested her husband Hal, without probable cause, then colluded with prosecutors to create and use evidence they knew to be untrue in order to convict him of a murder he did not commit.
Just ten weeks after Hal Hebert’s trial, police and prosecutors learned the spectacular truth about their star witness, whom they had coached to provide pivotal perjurious testimony: HE WAS A SECRETLY PRACTICING SERIAL KILLER.
The prosecutors’ star witness pleaded guilty to numerous murders and other felonies and was sentenced to multiple life terms in prison, where he has confessed to many more crimes–INCLUDING THE MURDER OF CAROL HEBERT.
Denver officials withheld all this information from Hal Hebert. They intended to allow him to die in prison in order to protect their careers.
Years passed before Mr. Hebert was able to discover the astonishing facts that should set him free. But Colorado courts have resisted all of his efforts to get a fair hearing.
Newly elected Denver District Attorney Beth McCann has looked at this case and found it to be so dubious that her office’s new “Conviction Review Unit” is re-examining the conviction, the first such voluntary inquiry into an old murder case in the history of Denver.
Our Constitution guarantees due process to every accused person. Due process is defined simply as a fair hearing. A trial wherein the prosecutors purposely bring perjurious testimony and false physical evidence can never be defined as a fair hearing. PLEASE HELP TO ENSURE THAT HAL HEBERT FINALLY RECEIVES A
- Please sign the Petition to Governor Jared Polis.
- Contact District Attorney McCann. Tell her you support her effort to bring justice to past false convictions(firstname.lastname@example.org, 720-913-9000).
- Share your opinion with a post on this site.
- Please invite your friends to help as well…THANKS!
June 28, 2003
A Verdict of Guilty
A sentence of Life without Parole
What really happened?
How was the prosecution able to achieve this conviction?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Click on the link to read the topic.
- Letter to District Attorney (April 10, 2019)
- Denver Murder Trial
- Footnotes for Denver Murder Trial
- Constitution Guarantees Due Process
- Unethical Prosecutors Escape Consequences
- The Vigilante Jury Foreman
- Petition to Governor Jared Polis
- 35(c) Appeal and Memorandum of Law (September 11, 2019)
- Letter to District Attorney (Jan 31, 2020)
- Write to Hal Hebert
- An old friend writes to the District Attorney
- Letter to the Chief of Police
- Letter to the Attorney General
- Motion for Extension of Time